PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Kansas 00 District was designed for members who could not attend enough shows within their home district to qualify for the state championships. With the option to transfer to another district at any time throughout the point year, we would like to encourage members to remain a member of their home district or district of their choice.
If it becomes apparent that you will not be able to get your needed qualifying shows in, you may then transfer to the 00 district or any other district to get your shows. You will not lose your state show qualifications from the previous district if you transfer HOWEVER, you will lose your accrued points for year-end awards and world qualifications.
The 00 district (set up in February 2005) operates similar to a regular district within Kansas. It is your responsibility to know the NBHA rules and the rules of the Kansas NBHA 00 District.
- All NBHA rules apply to members in the 00 district.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER AN NBHA EVENT WITHOUT SHOWING YOUR 00 MEMBERSHIP CARD AND STATUS.
- You may compete at shows sanctioned by Kansas districts ONLY for points to count. Fundraiser shows produced by districts WILL NOT count for points OR for state show qualifications for 00 members. You MUST be a member of that district to benefit from the fundraiser shows.
- There is no newsletter for KS00 members so it is your responsibility to locate information about other district barrel races. KS00 members are responsible for keeping track of their shows attended for points and it will be the MEMBERS responsibility to complete the NBHA 00 Show Report and submit it to the KS00 District Director. The report is available to be completed and submitted online and you may print and mail as well. Points and shows attended will be updated towards the end of each year on the web site. You may visit the state web site at www.ksnbha.com for scheduling information that might be available online.
- In addition to state championship qualifications (3 shows required during the year January 1 to December 31 of the year prior to the state championships), your points also accrue for world championship qualifications and are submitted similarly to what would be done within a district. You are competing for points amongst all KS00 members across Kansas.
- You are allowed six (6) shows to count for year-end points. It is your responsibility as a KS00 member to report those shows to your Director. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN SIX SHOWS.
- No-times and disqualifications after designation as a point show are treated like any other show. The show will count for participation but not for points. The fastest time of the day in your class determines your placing and division for all 00 members entered at that show that day. All Kansas NBHA “sanctioned” shows qualify for points.
- You need to make sure a show is “NBHA sanctioned” prior to traveling to the show. Some districts have “fundraiser” shows which are not point shows. They DO NOT count for KS00 points or state show qualifications if they are not sanctioned with the NBHA.
- You will have 30 days from the date of the race competed at–to report your shows to the KS00 District Director. In no event will shows be accepted reported later than December 31 of any year. (If you compete at a show in December—you must immediately report your show results and the 30-day period is not accepted). If the report is not received within that time frame, you will not be able to count these shows for points OR state show qualifications and they will be considered VOID.
- When KS00 members attend other district shows—YOU MUST comply with their rules and conditions including any prize fees, nomination fees or otherwise that might be required at that show. You are required to pay their fees as required by their members.
- There are no year-end awards for the 00 district.
- The KS00 District was not put into place to assist with qualifications for the world shows. However, we do accumulate your points and submit the top 5 in each division as in any other district. If you want to run for points to qualify for the world show, it is highly suggested that you consider transferring to a district that can offer you a maximum number of shows to compete in.
- Please know and understand the 3-show requirements for the state show. 00 members may not buy-in their shows for the state show. You must be a full-time member of a regular district within Kansas to participate in this option.
Please remember, KS00 members are solely responsible for for obtaining and submitting 00 Show Report forms for their shows either online or via regular mail. The forms may be obtained from the 00 District Director or online at
www.ksnbha.com. You must abide by the district’s rules where you are competing and you are required to pay any and all fees required within that district AND YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD AT THE TIME OF ENTERING.
DISTRICT 00 MEMBERS MAY NOT ENTER ANY SHOW WITHOUT SHOWING THEIR NBHA 00 MEMBERSHIP CARD.
If you do not have a copy of the KS00 rules, please request a copy via e-mail or click on link above. It is your responsibility as a KS00 member to know the District Rules. Please do not submit more than six (6) shows for points.
Also, please note that if your dues are not paid by December 31 your world show qualifications are lost and the next person moves up. You must be a current member of the NBHA to enter and participate at the Kansas NBHA State Championships.
Any questions that you have regarding missing shows or points may be directed to the 00 District Director:
605 Kickapoo St
Muschotah KS 66058
KS 00 Member Show Report
Effective January 1, 2014 Kansas District 00 Members are responsible for reporting their shows and points to the Kansas District 00 Director. District Directors will no longer submit your shows for you. You have 30 days from the date of the show to submit your show information or the shows WILL NOT COUNT for points or state show qualifications. If you attend shows in the month of December, your deadline to submit those show results will be December 31 of that year. District 00 members shall not submit more than six (6) shows for points or state show qualifications.